Spring & Summer
From the first hint of spring through the long, warm days of summer, Vienna is an outdoor paradise. You can discover the Kennebec Highlands on foot, by bike or on horseback. You can explore one of the nine different great ponds on by kayak, canoe or sailboat. Spot a majestic moose while hiking. Relax at our shorefront park. Tee off at a nearby golf course. Summer in Vienna is everything you'd expect and much more.
Autumn, with its clear and sunny days and cool and crisp nights, provides an almost irresistible lure to those who enjoy the outdoors. This type of weather is also the most favorable for a spectacular show of autumn color. Vienna offers a variety of settings to view nature's brilliant show.
When the winter begins, it's time to head outside, again. Some grab their cross-country skis and snowshoes and take to woods. Others take to the ice to go ice fishing or ice-skating. Still others enjoy exploring what lies off the beaten path by snowmobile. The Vienna Mountaineers maintains Vienna 's sledding trails, which connect to over 12,000 miles of Maine 's trails.
Throughout the year there is also much to do inside, including getting to know your neighbors at a community event. Some folks enjoy the casual atmosphere of La Grange Cafe. You can join one of the many civic organizations. Attend a dance or historical play. Participate in a talent show. Keep your eye on the Bulletin Board to what is happening in Vienna. There is much fun to be had by all!
Kennebec Land Trust
The Kennebec Land Trust (KLT) works cooperatively with landowners and communities to conserve the forests, shorelands, fields, and wildlife that define central Maine. KLT protects land permanently, offers opportunities for people to learn about and enjoy the natural world, and works with partners to support sustainable forestry and farming.
There are three properties in Vienna that have been donated to the KLT
Check out the events calendar for these community events:
- La Grange Café every Saturday ran with volunteers and donations
- The Annual Variety Show presented by the Vienna Union Hall Association
- The Annual Seedling and Bake Sale sponsored by the Mill Stream Grange
- The Memorial Day Parade from Vienna to Mt. Vernon
- The Annual Book Sale put on by the Dr. Shaw Memorial Library
- Historical Plays presented by the Vienna Historical Society
- Chicken Barbecue by the Vienna Firemen
- Halloween Dance sponsored by the Union Hall Association
- Hunter's Supper sponsored by the Vienna Fire Department
- Turkey Luncheon and Craft Fair by the North Vienna Methodist Church
- Craft Fair sponsored by the Vienna Fire Department Auxiliary
- A Visit from Santa Claus presented by the Mill Stream Grange
- Oyster Stew Supper sponsored by the Union Hall Association
- Community Breakfast brought to us by the Vienna Fire Department Auxiliary