Enter selection criteria and press "apply"

Minutes Content (leave empty for all meetings)
Meeting Date
Board/Attendees Date Minutes
Planning Board Meeting - March 23, 2022 Present:Waine Whittier, Creston Gaither, Ed Lawless.

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD MARCH 23, 2022

The meeting convened at 7:30 PM at the Town House. Regular members present were Waine Whittier, Creston Gaither, and Ed Lawless. Minutes of the February 23 meeting were read and accepted.

Creston will send Waine a cc of Creston’s recent email to Mike McGuire. 

Creston’s email of 2/8/22 to the Eisemans was reviewed; it was agreed that they will need a new permit for their Kimball Pond project if they’d like to proceed. Creston will advise them of this.

Waine has committed the Board to a site visit on April 27 at 6:30 PM for Justin Piquard’s Flying Pond lot shown on Tax Map 11 as Lot 3-H. The Board will first meet at the usual spot on Beck Road.

Waine noted that recent newspaper articles indicate that both Winthrop and Belgrade have adopted mooring ordinances; they are not identical.

Ed said that Axiom has been selected as the broadband provider for Vienna. Axiom’s representative is to meet with the selectmen April 5 at 7 PM.

The meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM.

Creston Gaither, secretary

Planning Board Meeting - February 23, 2022 Present:Alan Williams, Creston Gaither, Ed Lawless and Tim Bickford, Corey Searles, Bob Nurse, Mark Rains

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD FEBRUARY 23, 2022

The meeting convened at 7:00 PM at the Town House. Regular members present were Alan Williams, Creston Gaither, Ed Lawless and Tim Bickford; also present was Corey Searles. Alan was elected Acting Chairman as Waine Whittier was absent. Minutes of the January 26 meeting were read and accepted. Corey Searles was given a Notification of Construction permit for a garage.

Mark McGuire’s email inquiry of February 1 regarding multiple structures on a single lot was discussed. It was agreed that if anything this is a legal question, and that the Board sees no problem in what he has described. Creston will email him to this effect.

Bob Nurse appeared and would like to build a garage within 25 feet of a protected stream, similar to what he proposed at his April 2021 meeting with the Board. He was advised that this would require a variance, and that the Planning Board cannot issue one and that he could pursue getting one with the Board of Appeals. In order to move the Appeals process along, It was voted 4 – 0 to formally deny him a permit for the garage due to the setback issue. Creston will send him a letter to this effect.

Mark Rains appeared; he says that Webber Brook, a protected stream, runs through his property. He was advised that any new structure near the brook will require a permit and must be at least 75 feet from the brook. Stream Protection District definitions in the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance were outlined informally.

The meeting adjourned at 7:50 PM.

Creston Gaither, secretary

Planning Board Meeting - January 26, 2022 Present:Waine Whittier, Creston Gaither, and Tim Bickford, Maggie Davis.

NO MEETING HELD IN DECEMBER 2021 (bad weather)
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD JANUARY 26, 2022

The meeting convened at 7:00 PM at the Town House. Regular members present were Waine Whittier, Creston Gaither, and Tim Bickford; also present was Maggie Davis.

The Board had cancelled its December 2021 meeting due to severe weather. Minutes of the Board’s November 24, 2021 meeting were read and accepted.

Maggie and Tim Davis are buying Lot 5 in the recently approved Stream Road Subdivision; it abuts their existing house lot. They are wondering about the status of the two parcels and whether setback requirements will apply to the common boundary between these two parcels once they acquire Lot 5. Maggie was advisedthat under long-standing Town policy the lots will be merged into one for property tax purposes and that no setback requirements will apply to the said common boundary.

Several recent inquiries, mostly by email, were then discussed:

The Board discussed an email from Alan Corin regarding land depicted on Map 11 as Lot 26, which he may purchase. It appears that anything he does in any wetlands would have to go through DEP. Portions of the parcel appear to lie within the Limited Residential Shoreland Zone and would thus be subject to certain Shoreland Zoning Ordinance (SZO) requirements; Waine will relay these conclusions to him.

Justin Piquard has bought Lot 3 in Herrin Woods Subdivision, it being shown on Tax Map 11 as Lot 3 – H. He says the septic system is partially built. He is working with Plumbing Inspector John Archard to see how to complete it. Waine has told him that a SSWD permit would be required for a Shoreland Zoning construction permit. Waine has outlined the SZO permitting process for him.

Tyler Nadeau wants to build a house on Mountain Rd., evidently outside of the Shoreland Zone. He says he has a 1989 septic design for a 2 bedroom house. Waine advised him to discuss its current validity with John Archard.

Doug Weisz has acquired 28 Vienna Shores Road, which is shown on Tax Map 10 as Lot 8-W. He would like to update and renovate the existing house on the parcel. Waine has outlined the rules for expansion of non-conforming structures for him.

The proposed New Sharon Solar Installation Ordinance was reviewed briefly. It was agreed to table this matter until the entire Board is present.

Waine will miss the February meeting.

The meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM.

Creston Gaither, secretary

Selectmen's meeting - January 25, 2022 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Jim Anderberg, Tom Jewett, Ed Lawless, Kerry Casey
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. The Selectmen worked on the Town Warrant for the 2022 town meeting.
  4. Jeff contacted Stephen Hayes and asked him to be the moderator at the town meeting.
  5. The Broad Band Committee attended and discussed money needed to keep the process moving ahead. Red Zone is requesting $2,000.00 to access the needs of the town and provide a bid to provide high speed internet.
  6. The Town Meeting will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
  7. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - January 18, 2022 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Charlene Lockwood, Alan Williams, Neil Dumont, Kerry Casey
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. Reviewed and signed Warrant #25B ($18,641.04) and Warrant #2 ($5,054.68).
  4. Neil Dumont called and inquired about the closed/ abandoned road.
  5. Charlene Lockwood asked the selectboard for an increase to the contribution to the library.
  6. The selectmen worked on the warrant for the town meeting.
  7. The selectmen adjusted a property card that listed the property with less acreage than the lot is.
  8. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - January 11, 2022 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Jim Anderberg, Tom Jewett, Ed Lawless
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. The Selectmen continued to work on the warrant for the town meeting.
  4. The selectmen talked with the Broadband Committee. The Committee presented an Article they have requested to be put onto the town warrant. The committee will be mailing out a survey to all town residents. The survey will be on a prepaid return card.
  5. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - January 4, 2022 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Laura Day Rose, Felicia Audet, Kerry Casey
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. Reviewed and signed Warrant #1 ($92,430.67).
  4. Reviewed warrant #25 ($115,232.60).
  5. Selectmen worked on the March Town Warrant.
  6. Laura Day Rose updated the selectmen on the Kennebec Highland program.
  7. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - December 28, 2021 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. The Selectmen made copies of property cards and emailed them to realtors.
  4. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - December 21, 2021 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Kerry Casey
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. Reviewed and signed Warrant #24 ($8,320.40).
  4. Meeting adjourned.
Selectmen's meeting - December 14, 2021 Present:Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Laura Church, Millie Whittier
  1. Reviewed and dispersed the mail.
  2. The selectmen read and accepted the minutes from the previous meeting.
  3. Millie Whittier turned in her resignation as the Chair for the Town House Committee. Millie turned in all the records/paperwork she accumulated as Chair.
  4. Meeting adjourned.

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer