MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD APRIL 24, 2019
At 6:00 PM regular members Waine Whittier, Alan Williams, Creston Gaither, Ed Lawless, and Tim Bickford met with builder Eric Kinney at Becky Davis’s Kimball Pond property, depicted on 2019 tax map 3 as lot 8-K, to discuss a proposed addition on the south side of the cabin on the parcel; he was advised that the addition would not be permissible as the cabin’s existing footprint lies in part less than 25 feet from high water mark. Rules for expansion of non-conforming structures were briefly outlined but no formal action was taken.
At 7:00 PM the regular members listed above convened the Board’s regular meeting at the Town House. Jim Meader and Dave Gifford were also present. Minutes of the March 27 meeting were read, corrected, and accepted. Dave’s Flying Pond application (see March minutes) was reviewed. His written soil erosion control plan was reviewed. The Board had visited the site in March and has received Dave’s site plan and SSWD permit.
Based on its site visit and on Dave’s verbal representations and his sketch, and a subsequent examination of the pertinent flood hazard map, the Board determined that the project as outlined in March:
- Will maintain safe and healthful conditions;
- Will not result in water pollution, erosion, or sedimentation to surface waters;
- Will adequately provide for the disposal of all wastewater;
- Will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, bird or other wildlife habitat;
- Will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, points of access to inland waters;
- Will protect archaeological and historic resources as designated in the comprehensive plan;
- Will avoid problems associated with floodplain development and use; and
- Is in conformance with the provisions of Section 15, Land Use Standards.
It was voted 5 – 0 to authorize Creston to issue the usual permit by letter for this proposal; he had prepared a draft of the permit and it was issued at this time.
The meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Creston Gaither, secretary