MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD SEPTEMBER 26, 2018
The meeting convened at 7:00 PM at the Town House. Regular members present were Alan Williams, Ed Lawless, Tim Bickford, and Creston Gaither. Alan was elected Acting Chairman in Waine Whittier’s absence. Scott Horne appeared briefly regarding the Viscusi lot on Flying Pond and provided the documentation the Board had required at its July meeting and was given the permits the Board had approved. Minutes of the August 22 meeting were read and accepted.
The Board reviewed Ken Kokernak’s proposal to place an 8’ x 12’ shed on his Flying Pond property, depicted on tax map 10 as lot 2-N, and also reviewed his sketch of the site. The Board waived the usual site visit as the proposal is of minimal impact, and some members are familiar with site.
Based on Mr. Kokernak’s sketch and emailed application, and a subsequent examination of the pertinent flood hazard map, the Board determined that the project as outlined above:
- Will maintain safe and healthful conditions;
- Will not result in water pollution, erosion, or sedimentation to surface waters;
- Will adequately provide for the disposal of all wastewater;
- Will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, bird or other wildlife habitat;
- Will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, points of access to inland waters;
- Will protect archaeological and historic resources as designated in the comprehensive plan;
- Will avoid problems associated with floodplain development and use; and
- Is in conformance with the provisions of Section 15, Land Use Standards.
It was voted 4 – 0 to authorize Creston to issue the usual permit by letter for this proposal.
Responsibility for assigning new street address numbers was discussed briefly with no conclusion.
The Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Creston Gaither, secretary