MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA
PLANNING BOARD HELD DECEMBER 26, 2018
The meeting convened at the Town House at 7:00 PM. Regular members present were Alan Williams, Creston Gaither, Ed Lawless, and Tim Bickford. Alan was elected Acting Chairman in Waine Whittier’s absence. Minutes of the November 28 meeting were read and accepted.
Creston will mail the accumulated permits and fees to Waine.
Alan presented a letter authorizing him to represent Jonathan Haggan regarding his application to build a house and garage on his Flying Pond parcel depicted on tax map 11 as Lot 60, which the Haggans have acquired (see November minutes). Alan also presented a site plan and sketch of the proposed structures along with SSWD permit # 449. He says the house will be about 130 feet from the pond. He recused himself from formal deliberations and voting on the proposal. As several members are familiar with the site, the usual site visit was waived.
Based on Alan’s verbal representations and his sketch, and a subsequent examination of the pertinent flood hazard map, the Board determined that the project as outlined above:
- Will maintain safe and healthful conditions;
- Will not result in water pollution, erosion, or sedimentation to surface waters;
- Will adequately provide for the disposal of all wastewater;
- Will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, bird or other wildlife habitat;
- Will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, points of access to inland waters;
- Will protect archaeological and historic resources as designated in the comprehensive plan;
- Will avoid problems associated with floodplain development and use; and
- Is in conformance with the provisions of Section 15, Land Use Standards.
It was voted 3 – 0 to authorize Creston to issue the usual permit by letter for this proposal.
The meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Creston Gaither, secretary