Dodi Thompson, Chris Smith,Jeff Rackliff, Danny Goucher
- Reviewed and dispersed mail.
- Read and accepted minutes from the previous selectmen meeting.
- Reviewed and signed Warrant # 18 ($161,077.71).
- The selectmen received four verbal bids for the winter sand. The lowest bid was from Dan Goucher for $4.45 a yard, which was accepted. The other three bids came in at $4.50 per yard. Mileage and the cost per yard were considered.
- The selectmen talked with road commissioner Danny Goucher: The Mountain Road will be getting repair. The week of the 30th the paving will begin on the Cumner Road and the Davis Road. The road side brush removal is going to be starting in the next couple of weeks - discussed the need for road side tree/branch trimming in preparation of the upcoming plow season; also discussed the need for snow plow turnarounds; it seems one of the turnarounds needs to be relocated.
- The selectmen discussed the sign theft issue. Over 12 signs have been stolen over the last couple of weeks. This has been a problem all summer as many road signs have been stolen and it becomes quite expensive to replace them all. In order to cut the cost of signs the town has been replacing the stolen signs with wooden signs.
- The winter sand will be put up the first week of November.