Dodi Thompson, Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, John Archard, Chuck Yates, Crystal Whittier
- Reviewed and dispersed mail.
- Read and accepted minutes from the previous meeting.
- Received and discussed a Citizen’s Petition presented to the selectmen proposing changes to the Building Ordinance. Discussed the possibility of having the public hearing on the petition in conjunction with the public hearing on proposals for Town Meeting Warrant (proposals for changes to the Building Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance and the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance) presented by the Ordinance Review Committee. The presenter of the Citizen’s Petition has requested that the proposal be voted on by secret ballot on Friday March 10th when we vote for town officials.
- Discussion between Mr.Yates and CEO John Archard on an ongoing legal matter. Mr. Yates requested a reply (from John) to a letter sent to the selectman in late December.
- Discussed the possibility of the Ordinance Review Committee proposals being voted on by secret ballot as well.
- Road Commissioner, Dan Goucher turned in his report for the town report. Dan and the selectmen discussed the upcoming road maintenance and paving accounts for the 2017 budget.
- Selectmen worked on the warrant for the Town Meeting.
- Discussed the fact that, so far, no one has come forward to run for RSU #9 School Board Representative for Vienna. Maine Municipal Association has told us that if no one runs for the position, the selectman can appoint someone to a one year term.