Dodi Thompson, Chris Smith, Jeff Rackliff, Gail Seamon, Cathy Horner, Charles Yates, Crystal Whittier, Sandra Wade
- Reviewed and dispersed mail.
- Read and accepted minutes from the previous meeting.
- Chuck Yates presented selectmen with two new Citizens Petitions: One pertaining to term limits of elected officials; one pertaining to a personnel issue. Mr. Yates found issue with an article written by the Ordinance Review Committee which was on the website in the April/May newsletter. The selectmen feel that the article in question did not recommend how to vote on the upcoming “run-off” election, but rather explained the reasoning behind the creation of the current Building Ordinance. Yates, Whittier and Wade strongly oppose the current building ordinance.
- The Selectmen worked with a town resident on her property cards and tax maps.
- The Selectmen agreed to contact MMA in reference to the two new citizens’ petitions.
- Charles Yates has agreed to be on the Ordinance Review committee. The Selectmen are in search of one more resident to join the committee. The next meeting is Thursday, April 20th.
- Dodi reported that DownEast Energy came to clean the furnace for the town house. The service man discovered that it had a cracked heat exchange. Considering this and the age of the furnace, he recommended that the furnace be replaced before the next heating season. The cleaning was cancelled. The Town House committee has been apprised of the situation.
- Selectmen agreed to contact the town attorney concerning the two new Citizens’ Petitions.