MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA PLANNING BOARD HELD APRIL 22, 2015
The meeting convened at the Town House at 7:00 PM. Regular members present were Waine Whittier, Ed Lawless, Austin Harrell, and Creston Gaither. Also present was Ridgeley Fuller. Minutes of the Feb. 25 & March 25 meetings were read and accepted.
Ridgeley presented a copy of the May 26, 2010 minutes regarding the proposal she had presented that night for construction on her island shown on tax Map 10 as lot 101 - F.. She said that the non-residential screenhouse or "gazebo" was never built. She would like to build it now. Creston noted that the site plan reference in the May 2010 minutes is not in his records. Ridgeley would like to get the Shoreland Zoning Ordinance (SZO) permit issued in 2010 "renewed" as soon as possible.
No plumbing is involved and only minimal tree removal. Concrete pads on the ground will be used as a foundation. She presented a sketch showing two prospective sites for the structure. Both are at least 100 feet from high water mark.
The Board agreed to waive the usual site visit as 3 of those present tonight were present at the 2010 site visit.
Based on Ridgeley's sketch and verbal representations, The Board determined that the project:
(1) Will maintain safe and healthful conditions;
(2) Will not result in water pollution, erosion, or sedimentation to surface waters;
(3) Will adequately provide for the disposal of all wastewater;
(4) Will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, bird or other wildlife habitat;
(5) Will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, points of access to inland waters;
(6) Will protect archaeological and historic resources as designated in the comprehensive plan;
(7) Will avoid problems associated with floodplain development and use; and
(8) Is in conformance with the provisions of Section 15, Land Use Standards.
It was agreed that the new permit should stipulate size and setbacks and require minimal soil disturbance as required for pad placement. The Board then voted 5 - 0 to authorize Creston to issue the usual permit by letter for the project.
It was agreed that Creston should forward an attested copy of the recent changes to the SZO to D.E.P.
Austin noted that he will be moving out of state in July and will have to leave the Board.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.
Creston Gaither, secretary