MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE VIENNA PLANNING BOARD HELD SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
At 6:30 PM regular members Alan Williams, Ed Lawless, and Creston Gaither visited the Dolloff site on South Herrin Woods Road and Flying Pond, it being depicted on tax map 11 as lot 13- H. Very steep slopes were noted.
The regular meeting convened at 7:00 PM at the Town House. Alan was elected Acting Chairman in Waine Whittier’s absence.
The Board considered the Dolloffs’ proposal to build a house and a driveway on the aforesaid lot; their Building Ordinance permit application was also reviewed.
Based on its site inspection and the information provided by the applicants, and assuming a favorable subsequent review of the pertinent FEMA flood map, which Creston agreed to examine, the Board concluded that this project:
(1) Will maintain safe and healthful conditions;
(2) Will not result in water pollution, erosion, or sedimentation to surface waters;
(3) Will adequately provide for the disposal of all wastewater;
(4) Will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, bird or other wildlife habitat;
(5) Will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, points of access to inland waters;
(6) Will protect archaeological and historic resources as designated in the comprehensive plan;
(7) Will avoid problems associated with floodplain development and use; and
(8) Is in conformance with the provisions of Section 15, Land Use Standards.
The Board then voted 3 – 0 to authorize Creston to issue the usual permit letter for this proposal, subject to these CONDITIONS:
1). Erosion control measures such as a properly installed silt fence or erosion control mulch shall be employed in a workmanlike manner and in accordance with best management practices.
2). A stone apron must be placed beneath the new drip edges to control roof runoff.
3). Extra care shall be taken in constructing a driveway in order to prevent erosion.
4). The applicants will obtain the necessary Building Permit from Code Enforcement Officer John Archard.
The meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM.
Creston Gaither, secretary